Friday, July 15, 2011

Mia's Pizzas

There is nothing bad I can say about Mia's pizza at this point. It's what I strive my own homemade pizza to be exactly like. I only wish I had my own wood burning oven in the backyard...  ...maybe someday!

The crust was just how I like it, crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside and top. This is gourmet pizza, so they go light on the sauce and have an ample amount of high quality ingredients to choose from. They also put some seasonings on the crust, which were really nice and made it easy to scarf down every last bite. Even you crust haters out there would have a hard time not finishing them off.

I tend to stick to the pre-designed ones myself, trying some new combination I might not have tried before, or wouldn't bother making at home. We gave two pizzas a try, Jorge's Inferno and Vegetale. Both were cooked perfectly, super high in quality and had great toppings. The combination of pesto and tomato sauce was interesting on Jorge's, giving it a unique flavor which I really enjoyed. The pesto was more evident then the lightly added red sauce, but I didn't mind. The waiter told me this was all of the employee's favorite pie. Next time I want to try a pizza where they go more heavy handed on the pizza sauce, to see how I like it. Pizza sauce can really make or break a pizza for me.

Mia's was recommended to me as one of the top pizza places in the area, and I can honestly tell you I can't wait to go back! It's a cute little sliver of a building that fills up fast with locals and their kids, so get there early or go there late and don't expect a romantic night out, just expect amazing pizza.

jorge’s inferno – pesto, tomato sauce, pepperoni, olives, garlic, fresh hotties, mozzarella

vegetale – tomato sauce, zucchini, eggplant, portobellos, red pepper, onion, olives, smoked gouda


Got a favorite pizza place, please let me know about it, and I'll go check it out asap to compare! So far, I think this might be my favorite.

http://miaspizzasbethesda.com/

Mia's Pizzas Bethesda
4926 Cordell Avenue
Bethesda, MD 20814

(301) 718-6427

1 comment:

  1. We have a few favorite pizza places, but we always order pizza takeaway. We'll have to try yours when we visit your area.

    ReplyDelete