Monday, June 13, 2011

Yirasai - Sushi

Sometimes I just want some dinner quickly. I don't want to dress too nice, or drive downtown, and try to park. I don't care about wine or beer list and I don't want a crowd. I just want some good food and fast. For Bethesda area residents, Yirasai is this kind of place. Off River Road in a small plaza called West Wood Center II, Yirasai is pretty much the only restaurant there... Sorry Dominos, you don't count. There is plenty of parking, and I've never seen much of a crowd so you can always get right in.

As you enter, the sushi bar is on your right and the two Sushi-Masters are always quick to great you with a nod and a friendly smile. The atmosphere isn't much, it's tiny and clean, and since I'm here for nothing more then quality sushi, that's all I need.

I've been getting sushi from this place for a few years. The prices are reasonable for the area, there are plenty of options and the sushi is good. It's not my favorite place, but It satisfies all the of the criteria I stated above, so they get my business more often then not.

Lately they've really stepped up their game, and this visit I found the quality rivaled the best sushi places I've been.

We started with some delicious tempura, which had a nice light batter and was cooked perfectly. Normally we wouldn't get this, but we were so hungry, I broke down and got it. Shrimp, onions, sweet potato, and green beans, served with a traditional tempura sauce for dipping. All excellent.


Moving on to the sushi, we went with a wide range of choices. Spicy Tuna roll, Spicy Crazy roll, Shrimp Tempura roll, Japanese Bagel roll, a Tuna and Crab roll and some Spicy Tempura Tuna Nigiri. Nigiri being when you have the fish laid on top of some rice.


It was all very fresh and very delicious. It really hits the spot when you're in need of some sushi. If you're in the area, I wouldn't give trying it out a second thought.

Yirasai
5110 Ridgefield Rd # 215,
Bethesda, MD 20816-3346

No comments:

Post a Comment