Friday, May 20, 2011

Allagash - Curieux

Wikipedia is telling me that the nectar of the gods was sometimes termed as Ambrosia. But ambrosia is something of a disgusting recipe families often make for Thanksgiving diner because just one relative has to have it, and then there's lots of leftover marshmallow - sour cream - pineapple - pecan - cherry mess that ultimately hits the garbage can once someone overcomes the loss of such fine ingredients.. that just never should have been mixed together and called a salad to being with.

But I digress..  Let's talk about the true nectar of the gods, Beer! I'm pretty picky about beer, so when I find a great one, I gotta tell everyone about it. Not too long ago, after thinking I'd never find a beer as good as Dogfish Head's 90min IPA.. I stumbled on this one: Allagash - Curieux.


Brewed in small batches at Allagash Brewing Company in Portland, Maine, this amazing beer is barrel aged in Jim Beam bourbon barrels for 8 weeks before being bottled and distributed.

Allagash describes this beer perfectly:
During the aging process in bourbon barrels, the beer is totally transformed, and many new flavors and aromas develop. Most notably, the beer picks up soft coconut and vanilla characteristics...and also a hint of bourbon flavor!

Those flavors pop out distinctively, and this beer is meant to be enjoyed slowly, sips at a time, savoring the amazing flavors that Allagash has been about to develop. I can't say enough good things about it, if you love beer.. you have to try this!


750ml bottle and 11.0% APV

No comments:

Post a Comment