Tuesday, November 8, 2011

New Belgium - Hoptober


I'm probably a little too late on getting this review up, as we're well into November at this point. However, if you love Oktoberfest style beers, and you see this still on the shelves at your local beer store, it's worth grabbing a few.

I have a hard time finding Oktoberfest beers I'm in love with. I'm also not a fan of any of those pumpkin beers and I usually find the true German Oktoberfest beers not to my liking, though there are some out there. I do love fall though and a nice fall beer gives me a good feeling and takes me places.

New Belgium is best known for their Fat Tire beer, and any beer fanatic has probably given that a go at some point. They know their stuff, so I look forward to trying their other offerings, including their winter brew, Snow Day.

This is their take on a Oktoberfest Golden Ale, with those traditional hoppy and malty characteristics. It was somewhat light, easy drinking and lightly hoppy with a malty finish. Definitely a beer I will be looking out for next year. Give it a try this year if you can still find it!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment