Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Breckenridge Brewery - Vanilla Porter


This caught my eye in the store and I figured I had to try it. I've been to the Breckenridge Brewery in Breckenridge, CO before, shout out to my Boston friends!, and don't remember leaving amazed by the beers, but I was pretty sick during my stay in town, so I forgive them... for now.

This porter has just a hint of vanilla, and it works really well. Sometimes flavored beers can leave me sick to my stomach, but this left me with the desire to go back for more. It's unique, and I dig it, but I wouldn't sit around pounding these bad boys on game day. It's nice for a night after work when you just want a beer and you're up for trying something new. It's heavy and dark, definitely feels like fall to me and I love that.

My beer place breaks down 6 packs for you, so you can just buy 1 if you want. It cost a little bit more per bottle, but it can be worth it. For this beer, I'd go for the 1 and see if you like it.


From the makers:
Deep in the jungles of Papua New Guinea and Madagascar grows the perfect ingredient for an extraordinary Porter brewed in Colorado. Breckenridge Brewery’s Vanilla Porter. An ale that has all the chocolate and roasted nut flavor of a classic Porter, with an enigmatic surprise thrown in for good measure.

Check out all their locations, if you're ever in Colorado!

2 comments:

  1. I have been looking for this beer all over! Where were you able to find it in the DC area?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I picked it up at Georgetown Square Wine and Beer
      10400 Old Georgetown Rd
      Bethesda, MD 2081

      Delete